Patrick Pedraja from Driving For Donors takes some time to answer a few questions!!

HOW OLD ARE YOU NOW?
14yoa

HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU STARTED DRIVING FOR DONORS?
I was 10 when I was diagnosed with Leukemia and 11 years old when I came up with the idea to do a marrow drive, which turned into a national marrow drive!

WHAT EXACTLY DOES DRIVING FOR DONORS DO?
Driving For Donors educates people about the need for marrow donors and holds marrow drives to add donors to the National Marrow Registry which is HYPERLINK "http://www.bethematch.org" www.bethematch.org
We have travelled around the country for 2 years in our special donormobile holding marrow drives. Unfortunately, we have to give our RV back to the dealership because it was just on loan so now we have to figure out a way to keep our work going.

HOW MUCH MONEY HAVE YOU RAISED SO FAR?
We have raised over $150,000 over the last several years to pay for the cost of adding donors to the registry. It costs over $50 for tissue typing fees to register just one person.

IS THIS THE FIRST TIME YOU’VE TEAMED UP WITH A TOUR LIKE THE TAKE ACTION TOUR?
Yes, this is the first time we have been part of a music tour but it’s such a fantastic idea! These musicians really have the power to get people involved and to help raise money and awareness!

HOW DID YOU GET TEAMED UP WITH THE TAKE ACTION TOUR? DID THEY COME TO YOU?
Take Action heard about my cause through Do Something.org www.dosomething,org which is an organization to help encourage young people to take action in ways to make a difference. I was a Do Something winner in 2008 and love working with them on projects.

DO YOU LISTEN TO ANY OF THE BANDS ON THE TOUR?
I do listen to some of the bands and am really excited for them to come to LA so I can meet everyone.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BAND RIGHT NOW?
U2 is probably my favorite band of all time but of course all the bands on the tour are my favorite right now!!!!

WHAT BAND OR ARTIST CAN’T YOU STAND RIGHT NOW?
I’m not a big fan of Justin Beiber but I wouldn’t say I can’t stand him. I just think he should sing about stuff that’s more appropriate to our age. It’s kind of weird that he’s singing about “one less lonely girl” and he’s only 15. That’s just me though!

DOES MUSIC PLAY A BIG PART IN YOUR LIFE?
Music does play a big part in my life because it was one of the only things I could do when I was sick. I used to be really big into sports but couldn’t play or even hang out with my friends when I got sick. When I got chemo sometimes I felt too sick to watch TV or play my psp so I would just lay there with my eyes closed listening to music. I remember one of the first songs I heard soon after I started losing my hair was Sarabeth by Rascal Flatts and it’s about a girl with Leukemia. It reminded me that other kids were going through the same thing as I was.

HAVE YOU MET A LOT OF COOL PEOPLE DOING DRIVING FOR DONORS? I SAW A PICTURE OF YOU AND WILL SMITH!
I have met a lot of really cool people! I’m really lucky with some of the experiences I’ve had. Will Smith is an amazing person and it’s my dream to do a TV show with him one day about people changing the world. He just doesn’t know about my dream yet and I don’t know how to get a hold of him 

YOU’VE BEEN ON MANY TV SHOWS LIKE CRAIG FERGUSON, WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR FAVOURITE THING THAT YOU’VE DONE SO FAR?
I don’t know if I can name any one thing! I got to go to the Emmy’s with Lauren Conrad and she’s awesome! Being on Craig Ferguson was so much fun! Craig is a really, really nice man! I got to hang out with Adam Sandler’s bulldog (I have a bulldog too), go to the Teen Choice Awards and get to call the Duchess of York my godmother! But some of the coolest things are with normal everyday people! I spoke at a retirement village called Kirby Pines in Memphis last weekend and the people I met there are some of the most inspiring people ever! They even arranged for me to be a Duck Master at The Peabody Hotel and I love ducks!!

SO HOW CAN PEOPLE HELP YOU OUT, WHERE DO THEY GO IF THEY WANT TO BE A DONOR OR DONATE MONEY?
I would really like a band or celebrity to “adopt” this cause to be a public spokesperson to help raise awareness so if you know anyone, let me know Rihanna made a plea a few years to help a little girl with Leukemia and 5000 people registered in ONE day! That’s the power that musicians have to make a difference and I hope that I inspire them to keep being involved! People can go to www.drivingfordonors.com to find out more info! We’d love help with volunteers or to teach people how to hold their own drives where they live! We have to get more young people involved in ways to help and music reaches and moves so many of us that the Take Action Tour is a perfect way to make a big difference!

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH PATRICK, I'M WORKING ON GETTING YOU A NEW RV SERIOUSLY...