PRE-POUZZA CHATZ: Crab Legs

Crab Legs
Playing Saturday @ 2:30am at TRH Bar
http://www.pouzzafest.com

In honour of your latest split with Not Half Bad, what is the dorkiest/nerdiest thing about each one of you?
Scott: I nerd out about bands and music an awful lot. I also nerd out about gear, but have no idea what I'm talking about most of the time. Also, I have this habit of saying, "that's what's up," when I think something is cool.
Mike: Growing up I was obsessed with Star Wars, which is nothing all that nerdy or dorky in today's society, but I may have taken it a few steps too far. My few friends and I when we weren't playing Yu-Gi-Oh we were creating our own fantasy Star Wars world. Creating our own characters (mine was named Darth Blade), designing their lightsabers, and making comics of them interacting. We would also run around the block attacking each other with plastic lightsabers and played a Star Wars version of Dungeons and Dragons.
BJ: Oh god...I definitely nerd out about music and Marvel comics/movies, among other things. I don't know how may times I've bored a person senseless while excitedly talking about Pg.99, Nasum, or Wolverine. Blast beats and adamantium claws are pretty fucking cool.

What is your experience with poutine, being from Fargo?
Scott: Not a lot of places around here have it, actually. I know Buffalo Wild Wings did at one point, but I'm sure that shit is pretty weak compared to actual Canadian poutine.
BJ: My first experience with poutine was a horrible vegan atrocity at Chicago Diner. The Triple Rock in Minneapolis serves a great poutine that'd make any Canadian homesick. I've heard there are variations of poutine in Canada, so I'm excited to try as many versions as possible.
Mike: I tried some of BJ's poutine once at the Triple Rock. I thought it was tasty.

What do you think about your end of the night Pouzza set at a skate bar?
Scott: It's a skate bar? That rules. What I think of it as of now is that I'm really stoked about it. At first, I was kind of worried that it would be a bummer kind of set, as I assumed people would probably be going home at that time. But after discussing with some friends who have had experience with Pouzza, it sounds like it's going to be a drunken party that's not ready to be over. I'm looking forward to it.
Mike: I am beyond stoked on our time slot. We are going to end up changing some drunk asshole's life with our sweet riffs (I might be that drunk asshole).
BJ: I'm excited for that show. Playing last at any show is worrisome for a small band, but we've been told that people like to party pretty late in Montreal. The idea of people raging on a half pipe while bands are playing is awesome.

Who are you most stoked to see at Pouzza?
Scott: This is a tough one, but I think I'm going to have to say Beach Slang, honestly. I've been getting into that band hard lately.
Mike: Its hard to narrow that down. It is almost silly that we are on the same festival with Municipal Waste, No Trigger, and Teenage Bottlerocket. It's like a dream come true. To be honest, I'm torn. Direct Hit is a personal favorite of mine, but I think I'll have to go with Survay Says. They're one of THE best bands I have ever seen live.
BJ: There are so many great bands, but without a doubt, it's 88 Fingers Louie and Municipal Waste for me. I've been listening to those bands for so damn long, and I'm stoked to finally get to see them live. I'm also excited to see a lot of our friends from around the U.S.: Not Half Bad, Survay Says!, A Minor Revolution, Bottle Kids, Cut Up, etc.

Would you rather have your bottom half be that of a crab and not be able to have sex with humans ever again, or have crab claws for hands that for some reason can only play dub step ?
Scott: This is possibly the most bizarre question that I've received in my entire life. On that note, I'm going to have to say I'd rather have the bottom half of a crab. They make strap-ons for a reason, and I assure you that this is part of that reason. Dubstep doesn't need to exist. That's saying something. I'd give up my ability to procreate to put an end to dubstep. *in the distance, you can hear the sound of the few of those who are both Crab Legs and EDM fans flipping tables*
Mike: CRAB CLAWS FOR HANDS. I would create a new form of music called 'Tween Wave' and my band would be called Crab People. We'd probably suck based on the genre given but I really think my fellow Crab People and I could really be the next seafood based sensation.
BJ: I'd have to agree with Scott. While non-creational adventures with my wife can be fun, the idea of 'playing' dubstep makes my skin crawl. Can you imagine another sad, sorry sod (Mike), with big red claws, high on molly, scratching the fuck out of his MacBook's trackpad, as the bass drops? That'd be one of the worst tragedies for mankind. He'd be signed to Tidal instantly.